Mortgage Loan Officer
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer sells and originates residential mortgage loans. This position takes residential mortgage loan applications AND offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans for compensation or gain. Employee must maintain an active registration status with NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry).
- Meets with Prospects identified directly as well as referred by realtors, developers, attorneys and other external and internal referral sources
- Explains variety of mortgage products and services available and offers recommendations based on evaluation of individual prospect needs
- Guides Customers through the mortgage application process. Explains information required and other aspects of the loan process to Customers
- Ensures applications are completed accurately and contain required information and supporting documentation
- Manages Customers’ expectations regarding processing times and closing dates
- Sells and originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines
- Generates referrals for mortgage sales opportunities and sales of other Company business line products
- Develops plan to achieve sales goals with assistance from sales management
- Creates supporting files with backup and explanatory documentation and information for underwriting, regulatory and other purposes.
- Sends application and other required information to underwriting area
- Communicates loan decisions directly to Customers and explains any additional information needed.
- Submits application materials and other required information to processing area to clear any conditions, finalize the loan commitment, and prepare for closing
- Communicates regularly with Customers, underwriters, processors, realtors, closing agents and others to ensure application process proceeds as planned.
- Attends closings as needed
While the Loan Originator will be expected to meet/exceed individual sales goals, my client is strongly committed to fostering a team environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. You will also enjoy:
- a generous commission program
- car allowance
- comprehensive benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or progressive related work experience in addition to experience below- recent grads welcome
- Proven Sales ability
- Developing knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains the highest level of sales ability and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial, Self-directed, with developing ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- PC skills, including ability to learn mortgage origination and automated underwriting systems
Contact me if you want to grow in an organization:
- working with people who want to make a difference every day
- that embraces diversity, where everyone is respected and valued
- that offers many exciting and challenging career opportunities for the right individuals, where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential
- that is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which they live in and serve
Please include your full name, contact information, where you saw ad and resume in the body of the email to Chris Puorro at firstname.lastname@example.org.